Monday, May 31, 2010

Dude, You Rock!!

Oh, wow!! It's been a long time since I've played along with the Cinema Saturday gals!!  Eek!!! I feel like a bad follower  :(  I hope I can redeem myself with today's card :)  This week's movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  Oh, how I love this movie and have watched it many times over the years :)  There are so many great and funny parts but one of my all time favourite's is when the Economics teacher is talking about the Great Depression and keeps saying, "Anyone, anyone?"  and then gives the answers...oh, how I laugh each time this part comes on.  I also loved when Ferris sings in the shower and on the float in the parade :)  Today's card is inspired by that singing as well as the secretary's quote, "They think he's a righteous dude."  What other stamp could I use but Dawn McVey's "Dude, You Rock" from her Signature Greetings?  I never thought I would use this quote, as I don't say, DUDE!!! Although, my dh and I laugh all the time when the young kids say it in all their sentences...LOL   Lesson: never say never, Dude!! I'm also using Mercy's sketch from last Tuesday...it was such a great one and I so wanted to use it :)  After thinking about it for awhile, this card will be perfect for my nephew who is graduating from Grade 12 this year :)  He lives in the States and plays guitar...perfect!! (I even think he says "dude" alot!! LOL).  Hope your week has started out well...thanks for stopping by :)

What's in it?
stamps: PTI signature greetings, SU print pattern, circle circus
ink: SU night of navy, choc chip; versamark
paper: PTI white, kraft, SU ruby red, night of navy, dp (craft supply)
accessories: stitching, long nestabilitie, cuttlebug ef, MS stars border punch, twine, SU star punch, PTI button, brads

8 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

Missed you, Maureen! I love the part when she says "They think he is a righteous dude." too! I love the red, white and blue, terrific card!

Melisa Hunter said...

Awesome card! Great layout and fun embellishments! Cool, dude! Love the funky stitching, too!

Marisa said...

A fabulous guy card, Maureen. Love the colours, star border punch, embossed Kraft panel and the twine. I'm sure the dude will love it :D Had to laugh as my son says that all the time LOL! Also got a chuckle because I too have learned never to say never!!

Aimes said...

Dude - Ooops! I mean Moe, YOU rock! That films rocks and this card totally ROCKS! There's something so lovely about that patriotic colour combo *sigh* I love your stitching - it's like that stitching's got attitude!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

TannyP said...

You did rock this, Dude!! =) I say dude all the time, so next time you're placing a PTI order, I want in ;-) HAHAHA! Great job on the sketch and that awesome stitching.

Laural-Lee said...

I've been a horrid follower too. I haven't played along in weeks. Not because I haven't wanted to, there's just not enough time (I like watching the movie before I create)

This card totally rocks. Great colours. I like the texture on the kraft, wonderful background stamping and fabulous work with that sketch.

Tethered2Home said...

Glad you played! The card rocks!

Sankari W. said...

Simply and utterly ROCKING!!!!!! I absolutely love the colors and the sketch layout that you used for the card is perfection!!! Maureen - DUDE - YOU Rock !!!!!
Big hugs sweet lovie!!!
hugs,
Sankari :)

Thanks so much for playing along -sorry that its taken awhile to post my comment - its been a busy three weeks with end of school activities! But just wanted to drop by and thank you for playing along with us! I always love to see your beautiful and rocking creations!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...