Monday, May 3, 2010

Nothing But Happiness

Hello, blog friends!! Another lovely weekend has come and gone.  The garage sale was a success...sold some cards and LOTS of old stamp sets :)  They all found good homes :)  Here is the Verve Blessing card I was supposed to make for Viva La Verve on Friday...LOL.  Karen's Sweet Sunday sketch had a bigger panel so this sentiment fit perfectly.  I was "experimenting" with a bunch of pattern paper...determined to use old scraps.  Hmmm...I'm no Jen del Muro or Susan Liles, but I think I like it.  I love the papers from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush :)  The 2 small strips are from this collection.  I also inked the edges of everything with PTI's tea dye inks.  It really does softened the cream edges of the sentiment and flower.  And because it's an Irish blessing, I added a green button :)  I'm hoping this blessing works for me as it's staff meeting Monday...if it really works, it will be short or cancelled LOL...or at least some goodies :)  Have a lovely day :)  Blessings to you all as you are all blessings to me :)



What's in it?
stamps: verve blessings
ink: versafine onyx, PTI tea dye inks
paper: SU pumpkin, PTI cream, poppy, autumn abundance dp; basic grey, making memories, cosmo cricket dp
accessories: gemstones, fiskars apron lace punch; nesties blossoms diesp; basic grey button, SU linen thread; corner chomper

2 comments:

TannyP said...

Oh I love it, Maureen! You really did this up right with those patterned papers! I love lal the layers and you're trademark buttons & bling =)

Marisa said...

Yeah, you got to use this set :D Great use of the sketch and you are MILES ahead of me using DPs so don't even sweat it LOL! Lovely card and I hope the staff meeting is a short one for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...