Friday, June 11, 2010

A Very Happy Birthday

Ah, Friday night...the best of the week :)  Reports are done, last major field trip done...and now some new goodies to play with this weekend :)  Tonight's card is for the third Viva La Verve challenge this month.  I immediately was drawn to the second inspiration photo, especially the colours and the fabulous zebra print chair :)  Also inspired by the scalloped valance and the touches of aqua and moss green :)  I was at Michaels after work and found this fabulous printed paper...perfect for this card or what?  LOL  Hmmm....getting some inspiration here for my studio once we build the new house...maybe I'll go "glamour!"  Hope the start to your weekend has been as fabulous as mine :)  Thanks for visiting and for all your sweet comments :)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Wishing You
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Paper: PTI hibiscus burst, sweet blush, black; GCD studios dp @ Michaels
Accessories: gemstones, PTI buttons and ribbon, corner chomper, square nestabilities

7 comments:

Winter said...

Oh my! I love this card! That paper is Amazing! :)

Laural-Lee said...

So much fun! I have that paper too don't you love it? I love the teal blue on the other side. Great job with that sketch!

Marisa said...

Can you believe I missed the zebra chair when I first say this picture LOL!! My eye stopped at the bed and I said, B & W & pink - perfect" and clicked the picture closed. Zebra stripes are too fun, and I love the pink on pink sentiment. Well done.

Sorry to hear you got rained on yesterday :( Field trips are long even when the weather is good! At least it was a Friday and you didn't have to get up early today :D Spring seems to have been that one week of nice weather we had a month ago. Hopefully summer will be better! Have a fabulous weekend :D

Shauna said...

Fabulous card! The colours are so cheerful and fun. What a great job you did.

Stacey Schafer said...

love this, Maureen...that zebra print is awesome! i better get to the new sketch and have to catch up from week 1, too!

Kristina said...

How amazingly perfect is that zebra print dp? It was seredipitous. I love how you grabbed a few other little colors out of the room with buttons as well. Such a bright, cheery card!

How did the field trip go? They are tiring, aren't they? I always come home from work pretty promptly afterwards and usually go to bed early. You'd think being away from school would be easier. It's all that underlying stress, I guess. 12 days left for you! That's not much! I'm finishing up my report cards today (inbetween some stamping, of course).

TannyP said...

Ooooooooh! Fabulous =) So not something that I'd be able to do and it is awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...