Monday, July 12, 2010

Wild Card Colour Challenge #3


Good morning!!!  Today's card is for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge.  I watched this movie several times over the past Christmas season...it's just one of those feel good movies with eye candy (read Jude Law! LOL)  The requirement was to make a card, holiday or not, with an eyelet.  I thought of this famous line from another great movie (Groundhog Day) and thought it was perfect to reflect the feeling of a broken heart.  Iris' heart is broken by a LOSER and I can relate...hey, I dated for 20 years before finding my fabulous husband.  Movies like this always make me cry because they take me back to those emotions of knowing you shouldn't waste your time on these kind of men....but we do (or did!).   I also love the line Iris says, "Be the leading lady of your own life."  I was tempted to use that one on the card, but opted for the Winter one :)   I have been making these fun paper poinsettas this week and thought they would add a holiday flare to the card along with a little pink daisy to represent Spring.  AND the colour combination is another one of my Wild Card Colour Challenges.  I put all the PTI colours into a hat and pull out 4...these were the results this week: 
 

 That's all...hope you have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by :) 

What's in it?
Ink: pti sweet blush, tea dye ink
Paper: pti cream, scarlet jewel, plum pudding, holiday cheer and dotty biscotti dps, SU old olive
Accessories: poinsetta nestabilities die, su felt flower and large eyelet, twine, grandpa's vintage button, pti buttons, stitching, computer generated sentiment

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the twine through the eyelet! Looks fabulous and your flowers are gorgeous as is the polka dotted DP! Great use of your colour mix too :D Love the "be the leading lady of your life" quote. Have a great week! I'm hoping I won't need a nap this afternoon LOL!

Natalie Winterstein said...

Pretty card! I love your color challenges! I need to play along or do my own drawing! Sounds fun. I LOVE this movie, it is one I can watch again and again - any time of year! Much like You've Got Mail - so good!!! :)

Kristina said...

This may be my favorite WaCCCky challenge yet! Finally some good colors to work with (though I did end up loving last week's combo!). I love how your card turned out. The twine through the jumbo eyelets is brilliant, and love those big pink flowers. I have that nestie... I may need to pull it out and play now.

Happy Monday!!! (aren't summer Mondays the best?!)

Nancy K said...

Those flowers are great! They have a nice cool, crisp feel, but you get a nice warm vibe with the pink.
What a beautiful quote to use and I love your fun color challenge!!

Laural-Lee said...

Love love love those flowers!!!

Unknown said...

Such beautiful flowers, great colours and fab sentiment.

Tethered2Home said...

Such a lovely card with the twine & the PP at the top of my fav's of it.
ps, yes I too am happy Jude law chose acting as a career. ;)

Brooke S said...

What a fun way to get a color scheme... I love it!
You are one of my favorite you have to know it!! I thoroughly enjoy each and every card you make... You are so very talented and have such a beautiful Maureen style...
Thanks for supporting us each week :)

HUGS
BROOKE

Karen H. said...

I love your Wild Color cards. I'm glad you're sharing these. I love PTI but you definitely make playing with their colors seem easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...