Friday, July 9, 2010

You're in My Thoughts

Good morning!!  Today's card is for the Mojo Monday Contest going on this week.  It's the first Mojo of the month, so Julee from Verve Stamps is offering up free Verve stamps to some lucky participants.  I have been (im)patiently waiting for my new Verve stamps to arrive and FINALLY they did yesterday.  It was an unusually long wait, but I guess it's hard to get Customs to move any faster in this heat.  But they are here and that's what matters :D  I wasn't planning on using anything new on this one, but  couldn't resist the free stamp that came with my order.  Julee is so sweet with this fun little order detail.  Each order comes with a little "thanks" or "thoughtful" stamp.  This one fit the card perfectly.  I just love that little flower button and the cork rick rack separating the 2 papers.  The bottom looked a little empty, so I added some ribbon.  That's it for now...I'm hoping to spend some quality time in the studio today.  Hope you are having fun too :)  Thanks for visiting :D

What's in it?
Stamps: Verve free plain jane, pti spiral bouquet
Ink: su choc chip, kiwi kiss
Paper: pti cream, ocean tide, bitty dots dp, su kiwi kiss, cosmo cricket dp, october afternoon dp
Accessories: oval nestabilities, stitching, PTI buttons, floss, gemstones, satin ribbon, pti rick rack die,

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Totally darling card, Maureen! Love the flower stems on this set and you used a great colour combo of DPs and the strip of rick rack cork is great! What a fun sentiment too - can't wait to get mine. Jealous because mine didn't come yesterday :( Maybe I'll get a nice surprise today. Off to go water sliding! Stamp for me too today, okay :)

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!! Have a great day!!

Rachel said...

Very cute!

Kristina said...

Oh, I love this card, Maureen! That little cork ricrac, the cream ribbon... So gorgeous! Aren't those little freebies from Julee the best? I love using those. I don't think I have this one, though! I love it! And those two little jewels in teh corner, so sweet.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a darling card! Love the colors and that cork ric rac totally makes me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...