Tuesday, August 10, 2010

People Who Make Us Happy

Good afternoon!!!  ACK!!!  I've been AWOL these past few days not by choice.  My computer screen went black Friday night and would not boot up...worst nightmare, right?  Luckily it was just some viruses and my great computer shop was able to fix it no prob...except that they are closed on the weekend (and it was a LOOONNNGGG weekend! lol).  But nothing was lost and it's running faster now so Moe is a happy camper :)  So this card for the 8th installment of the Wild Card Colour Challenge has been sitting on my desk for a few days.  My dear friend, Melisa, was over for a visit last Tuesday so I had her pull the next colours...LOVE them!!!  I wanted so badly to use this Verve flower image...I just love how whimsical it is and it's easy to cut out!! Ha!  Ahh, berry sorbet...many of you may know by now that I consider this a neutral!!! LOL  Really, it's the best pink ev-ah!!
After Melisa pulled the colours, I told her she had to make a card with them and I would post it here on the blog and call her my "Guest Designer!"  She was so wonderful to play along :)  I just love the colours against kraft and that yummy grosgrain ribbon :)  Circles and pearls and dots, oh my!!! Thanks, Melisa!!!    Hope you are all having a wonderful week...so glad to be back :)


what's in it?
stamps: verve love's flower, pti inside and out thank you
ink: su kiwi, pumpkin, versafine onyx
paper: pti kraft, berry sorbet, cream, pretty pastels dp; DCWV dp
accessories: button, ribbon, gemstones, corner chomper, ms border punch

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad your back Maureen...beautiful colors! love the clean & simple design of this card.

Marisa said...

Great card and colours :D Love that Verve flower and how you punched the bottom of the sentiment panel. Wonderfully done. Melissa did a great job on hers too!!

So glad to hear your puter is up and running again. Not a new one, but at least it's up and running wonderfully again :D

Aimes said...

Oh I can see this challenge totally takin' over Blogland!!! I mean you've got Guest Designers and everything! LOL!!! When oh when will you pick out green, brown and kraft?! ;D
I love both cards - Melisa's is super CAS and sweet whereas yours is full of ribbon, bling, a button and a fab sentiment! I wouldn't expect anything less!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea M said...

These are great colors! You're so right!!! Your card is fabulous! Melisa's is stunning too - way to draw those colors Melisa :). Glad your computer is fixed! Isn't it funny how completely dependent you become - I was stuck without Internet access for a few days and it was like I lost my right hand :) Have a good one!

TannyP said...

Glad to hear you're back with a computer - that is a bad situation. (And maybe why I married a computer guy!)
Both cards are stunning!! I love what you've done with that flower - and Melisa's stamped images are to die for! Beautiful work ladies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...