Friday, October 29, 2010

Autumn ~ Mojo Monday Sketch




TGIF!!!  Today's Mojo Monday card comes to you packed full of my new goodies this week.  First up and in celebration of the new Verve Release tonight, I have one of my new Verve Autumn stamps.  Second up are a couple of new dies from PTI (new tag and limitless layer dies) along with some new Fine Linen ribbon (is it just me or is it VERY similar to River Rock? lol).  And last, but not least at all, my new Woodgrain embossing folder by Craft Concepts via CropStop online store.  And I'm happy to report that no new sheets of patterned paper were harmed for today's card :)  All scraps :)  Well, we had a wonderful, although COLD, day at the Pumpkin Patch.  As promised, here are a few pictures from down at the river...those things in the water along the shore are dead salmon that never made it up to the Adams River to spawn :(  The pictures don't do it justice as the yellow leaves on the trees were so vibrant!!  The kids and parents (and teachers!) had loads of fun :)  Have a wonderful Friday and see you at the Verve Release Party tonight...6 Pacific (my time!), 9 Eastern :)




what's in it?
stamps: verve autumn splendor
ink: versafine sepia, su really rust
paper: pti kraft, cream, autumn abundance dps; su durango, choc chip; me and my big ideas dp
accessories: stitching, ms border punch, pti ribbon, dies, gemstones, su linen thread, large eyelet, craft concepts woodgrain ef, brown pearls

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how you used the tag and jumbo brad on it. I'm with you re: the river rock similarity! Great colours and card as always :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colours and the contrasting stitching: dark on the DP and light on the ribbon! Great texture and embellishments. After seeing all of your beautiful autumn cards, it may become one of my favourites for cardmaking!

Kristina said...

I love that sentiment. I wanted that stamp set just for the words... But am holding off for now. There are too many wants and not enough money in the budget! I hate that conumdrum, lol.

I love the woodgrain embossed tag! Such a fun touch!

I had never once thought about what happens to all of the salmon that don't make it up stream. That must be quite the site with dead fish lining the river (not to mention smelly!). Somehow the Discovery Channel always forgets to mention that part when they tell us about migration and bears, lol. Glad to hear that you had a good time with the kids! What a fun trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...