Monday, November 8, 2010

Season of Love & Peace

Good morning!! This week is going to be another busy one...staff meeting today, Remembrance Day assembly on Wednesday and of course, report card writing in between all the daily activities :)  The big push will be next weekend, but I like to get everything in order before then.  Today's card uses Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch this week.  I knew I wanted to use white and aqua and this fabulous sparkly star, but the rest of the card came together by playing around with different elements. The star is from MemrieMare on Etsy, where I get most of my seam binding ribbon, but really, you could make them yourselves.  They are die cut from cereal boxes (love that she reuses things!) and just covered with glitter (I'm guessing something like Martha Stewart glitter).  But when I saw them all glittery and sparkly, I had to have some :)  The white used on the card is shimmer white from Papertrey :) Hope you have a lovely day :)


what's in it?
stamps: pti 2010 Holiday tags; hero arts christmas script
ink: stazon black, versamark
paper: pti shimmer white, spring moss, kraft, pretty pastel dp, silver paper (craft supply), su soft sky
accessories: stitching, gemstones, square nestabilities, seam binding ribbon(this good day on Etsy), sparkle star (memriemare on Etsy), pti tag and layer dies, circle punch, PTI silver sheer metallic ribbon, cuttlebug ef

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely mix of colours and the sparkly star is wonderful :) Love the tag element on the tag adn that PTI image is great. Wonderful take on Karen's sketch. We have a three day school week as the kids get a ProD Day on Friday so it will be a weekend where we'll have to find something to keep the kids busy LOL! Enjoy you day :)

Aimes said...

Ooooh check out the sparkles on this beauty! You're the queen of seam binding, Diva - got me jealous here! LOL!
We have a 2 min silence at school on Thursday at 11am (11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month) for Remembrance Day so not much prep required for us but I've spent a fortune getting a good supply of poppies to wear as I keep losing them!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

TannyP said...

Oh oh oh! I love, love love it! Gorgeous colors and all that delicious sparkle...this card can't be beat!

Ann said...

Mmm, love that glittery star with the scrunchy ribbon!

Laural-Lee said...

Okay I leave for a few months and you become this stampin' diva!!! Not that you weren't good before but now you're way out of my league. I think you may be too good to be my craft buddy now. LOL just kidding you can teach me some more stuff. Beautiful card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...