Monday, May 9, 2011

Bloom and Grow

bloomandgrowgydomay

Good Monday morning, friends!!  It’s a new week and a new Get Your Diva On challenge over on the Verve Forum at Splitcoast.  Play along and you have the chance to be the next Verve Guest Diva!!  The theme this month is “Material Girl”  and the challenge is to use fabric on your creation.  I have just received this gorgeous fabric from Stampin’ Up! along with these sweet fabric roses.  I made the frame by gluing the fabric to a piece of chipboard and cutting it with a Labels 5 die.  Then I ran it through again with an oval die.  I had to run it through 2 or 3 times for a clean cut.  I added some more balsa wood stamped leaves and a beautiful sentiment from Bloom and Grow.  I hadn’t used this stamp yet and just love the font on that “bloom.”  This card is going to one of my colleagues that just finished her Masters in Education.  I think she will love it :)  Have a great day…thanks for popping by!  Now head over to the Verve Forum and see how YOU could be the next Guest Diva!! 

signature

DivaOnNoFrame_200 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve bloom and grow

ink: versafine onyx, su mellow moss

paper: pti kraft, cream, rustic cream, lavender moon, memory box gossamer dp

accessories: verve elegant leaves die, labels 5, oval and fleur de lis accents nestabilities, su fabric and fabric roses, pti buttons, thread, balsa wood, stitching, gems

6 comments:

TannyP said...

Ohhhhh....fabric = fabulous! Can't wait to see what all of you do. Love that fleur de lis edging and the use of the balsa. Beautiful job. I, too, am loving that font!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done. Love the material you chose and the rosettes are lovely. Think this is one challenge I'm going to have to skip - don't own any material!

Lynn said...

Oh...love the fabric and that border punch is gorgeous! I am sure your colleague will love the card! Hope your week is off to a good start. I'm sitting in the courthouse waiting to see if I get called for the jury!

Jean Martin said...

This is super gorgeous dear!!!! Love everything on it!!!! :)

Jennipher said...

This is gorgeous Moe! I need to go get some fabric so I can play. Can you believe I don't own any fabric?

Janelle Stollfus said...

So beautiful. I love using fabric, but on chipboard is a fantastic idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...