Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thank U from Eh to Zed

lynnthankyou

Hi everyone…well, we’re almost out of the house so I scheduled a few posts in case the whole internet hook up takes a few days.  It shouldn’t, but I took a few things over to Dad’s on Monday, looked at his set up with a puddle of wires and started to panic a bit!!  It’s not life and death and I’ve come to realize that I just have to bite the bullet and get this move DONE!!  I still have the iPad with 3G so that will keep me connected until the old computer is up and ready to go :)  It was VERY traumatic packing up my studio, especially the stamps…they got labeled “IMPORTANT – OPEN FIRST!”  LOL  Anyways, let’s get on with today’s card.  After arriving home last month from Ohio, I knew I wanted to make Lynn a special thank you card.  I took out my Stampin’ Up Glorious and Free set and some more of my Canadian maple leaf ribbon to make a truly personalized Thank You card for Lynn and her family.  They really rolled out the red carpet for me and made me feel like one of the family.  Since I was in the middle of my Verve Release week cards, I also used the new set “You and I” with matching die. Up next are a few more photos of me and Lynn at Stamp-a-faire…here is the first picture of us together…kindred spirits :)

lynnme

EEK!!! Here we are with Nichole Heady!! See my school girl grin?!  LOL  She was just the sweetest and was wearing the exact same pair of shoes as me, but in brown (mine are crimson red)!! We laughed and both commented on how comfy they were :)

menicholelynn

Here we are, hanging with Heather Nichols and Betsy Veldman…that’s right, Stamping Royalty…I didn’t want to let go! LOL

lynnheatherbetsyme 

One more thank you to Lynn for all the special memories and thank you, dear friends, for visiting today and for all your well wishes with the move…you can still enter my BLOG CANDY at this post, giving me your best moving tip!  Have a lovely day…

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve you and I, love notes, su glorious and free

ink: versafine onyx, su ruby red, rose romance

paper: pti rustic cream, white, bitty dot basics, october afternoon dp

accessories: verve I Heart You and jotted heart die, Michaels ribbon, pti twine, button, gems, pti tag die, Word program

9 comments:

Amber Hight said...

Okay, first of all...fabulous card! I love the Canadian love:) Don't you LOOOOVE that You and I die set? AHHH!!!!
Second...I'm super jealous of Nichole, Betsy, and Pine for getting to hang with YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I want to meet and hug my SCHMOOPY!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya girlie!

TannyP said...

What a fantastic Canadian card =) I am always so amazed by what you do with the new Verve and this card is just right, too =) I'm sure they were all just as thrilled to be hanging out with you!

Marisa said...

Love the Canadian card!! Saw that ribbon at Mike's and passed on it - silly me!!! That Verve set is SO much fun and you used it wonderfully. I"m sure Lynn will treasure the card as well as the memories of the two of you together. What a great week it must have been! Makes me think I need to move to the Eastern US to finally be able to meet you face to face LOL!

Best of luck with the computer hook up and last bits of packing and moving.

Water issues continue...ugh!! House insurance only covers RESULTING damage so we don't qualify.... :( House being 11 years old means builder is technically "off the hook" but we'll see if we can get some assistance as they are still in business and well known. Off to go swimming to relieve some stress!!

Meghan said...

I'm so jealous you got to meet Nichole Heady! Wow! Canada is pretty amazing, eh?

Paige Taylor Evans said...

All of your cards are so stinkin' cute and creative!

Lynn said...

You are such a dear Moe! I wish we were getting together again very soon my wonderful friend! I adored our time together and my card is simply amazing! It is being proudly displayed in our home and will be for a long, long time!

Luanne said...

Oh! Bring back fabulous memories! The PTI women were so sweet too. I hope they know that your pretty special too! I love your card for Lisa, she will love it too. Great Maple Leaf ribbon on this Canadian treasure! Hope the move continues to go well, and that your new home will be ready soon! :-)

Aimes said...

Oh how I love all the Canadian references on this beauty! The sentiment has me giggling too :)
Oooh do I spot another cutie staple too...?
Bet Lynn loves it! I also bet she'd be totally willing to have you over again - looks like you ladies had the best time ever!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea M said...

Absolutely FABULOUS Canadian thank you card - LOVE the from eh to zed part!!! I'll bet Lynn adored it! So thoughtful of you!
Awesome pics! I am more than a little jealous ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...