Monday, December 12, 2011

Be Merry and Bright

merryandbright

Good evening!  I was cutting some paper for our craft afternoon this coming Friday at work and had an itch to play along with the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge this week.  It was pretty open ended and gave me a good chance to ink up some yet to be used WMS stamps.  This fun star image comes from Seasons of Love Tags.  Then I flipped through my Christmas paper pads and found this gorgeous blue paper…which became the springboard for the rest of the card.  No rusty bells on this one, but some tarnished silver ones that were in the same box with the rusty ones :)  I’ve been on a bit of a doily kick again lately…and loving it!  Thanks so much for all your sweet comments on the new house…I feel truly blessed here :)  Hope your week has started out right…

signature

WMSC77[3]

what’s in it?

stamps: waltzingmouse stamps seasons of love tags

ink: versafine onyx, pti springmoss

paper: pti rustic cream, white, echo park season’s greetings

accessories: wilton doily, seam binding ribbon, silver bells, twine, gems, stitching

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Cutting paper and not playing with it is like asking an alcoholic to enter a liquor store and not buy anything LOL! Darling card. Just four more sleeps :)

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow what a beauty ! Love your classy card ,gorgeous stamping and beautifully balanced piece.

Marie

Lynn said...

I'm going to start singing songs to you about bells :) I think this look of bells is my favorite! I received your gorgeous card yesterday! Definitely at the very top of the list! So gorgeous! Loved, loved, loved the felt snowflakes and holly :)

Andrea M said...

Those bells are just GORGEOUS!!! This whole card is so BEAUTIFUL!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful card with the star, lacey doily and pretty ribbon Maureen!

Renee said...

Absolutely beautiful!!
Love the colors...
and that star!
Those bells are awesome...
love rusty bells...
so you'll never hear complaints about those from me ;)...
but I love these tarnished ones too...
will my silver's tarnish and how long will it take?
Now I'm excited about the thought...
giggle!

Kelly S. said...

Add rustic silver bells to my list of jingle bells that I need! Really, I thought I had them all, Maureen :)! Such a lovely card with those patterned papers and the colors you combined. The doily is a perfect snowflaky accent. The star image looks amazing with this sketch! Great job!

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

A really like this card Maureen, even though I am not much of a doily fan.
Hope the decorating is coming along well. Perhaps we could see some more pics as you progress further.
Best wishes Linda

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love this card, Moe! Those papers are perfect and I love the bells and bow atop the star! Thanks for playing along with us and I'm excited that you're getting settled in your new studio!! Living vicariously through you (and squished in our dining room) until we get our house! Hopefully this year!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Maureen, obviously your new house is inspiring you. ;)

TannyP said...

You, Marisa and those darn bells. I dream about them (and how I'd put them on a card if I was as capable as you!) This is fabulous, Moe. I love the awesome papers and the doily. Those stamps are gorgeous!

Deborah Frings said...

I love the bells in the bow, the pretty papers, the lovely doily and that fabulous star! Just gorgeous!

Savitri said...

Maureen, this is gorgeous!!! Love the bells!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...