Saturday, February 25, 2012

Birthday Cheer

birthdaycheer

Good morning!!  Once again, I can’t resist playing along with this week’s colourQ inspiration colours.  Sometimes, when I first see a colour combo or inspiration photo, a certain paper or certain stamp pops into my head.  It happened with this card…this lovely grey gingham by October Afternoon came to mind along with my beloved Button Boutique stamps…hmmm, maybe there’s no surprise there!! I couldn’t resist using the “guaranteed washable” stamp…it makes me laugh out loud for some reason!  Maybe it reminds me of babies…ACK!!  LOL  Adding a sentiment to button cards is not easy for me…but adding a little sentiment tab does the trick ;)  I’ve got a nice little stock pile of cards ready to go to my sister’s work place on Friday!  I hope they like them like my staff :)  Have a lovely Saturday and thanks so much for all your sweet comments :)

signature

 

cqc125 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve big wish, pti button boutique

ink: versafine onyx, su soft sky, grey

paper: pti white, su really rust, october afternoon farmhouse, cosmo cricket material girl

accessories: pti edgers, journal tabs, button boutique dies, button, twine, Michaels ribbon, thread, staple

12 comments:

Marisa said...

I think you are living vicariously through Julee if you have baby on the brain LOL! Great take on the colours and use of the button set. Enjoy your weekend :)

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Maureen, love how you did the sentiment. Love your design and the sentiment tab! Thanks for joining us each week at the ColourQ.

LeAnne said...

I always love your cards, but this one is extra-special! I have this set and haven't used it enough...and I love it with the gingham, especially that lovely border! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

Lynn said...

I have no doubt that they will love them all! Can't wait to hear all about the successful sale!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful design Maureen, love it.

Carole said...

What a lovely card Maureen, I really like how it all came together.

Lisa Elton said...

This is as sweet as can be! Love the gingham and your sentiment tab!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fabulous card! I just love, love, love your bows!

Kara said...

beauitufl card! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card Maureen - I'm such a sucker for buttons! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Christina said...

Fabby, as always! The gingham paper is a perfect match to the button card, and the pops of green and rust really bring the design to life. So glad you joined us again this week at the ColourQ!

TannyP said...

Your ability to see a color combo work blows my mind. This combo would have me running the other direction, but you've done it up so perfectly. Gorgeous! Those tabs are killing me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...