Monday, March 5, 2012

Speak the Truth

 St. Pat’s Fact: The Irish flag is green, white and orange. The green symbolizes the people of the south, and orange, the people of the north. White represents the peace that brings them together as a nation.

speakyourvoice

Good morning, dear friends.  Today’s card has a very special meaning to me.  This morning, instead of going to work, I will stand with all the teachers of my city and province during a 3 day strike against our government who is trying to take away many professional rights of teachers as well as educational rights of students in the process.  I don’t usually get political at all on my little blog, but I am beyond upset at what is happening with our public schools right now.  B.C. used to be a leader in education and I am so proud of its history as that.  I work with amazing teachers who always go above and beyond what is required of them. This morning as we gather together, I will give one of those special teachers this card.  She is so very passionate about her job and has spoken so eloquently about what it means to her.  I have thought about her all weekend and was inspired to make this card just for her. I purposely picked out this paper so that the little saying at the bottom could also be included.  Let’s hope our voices stop falling on the deaf ears of our government.  Please keep us in your prayers.  Thanks :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: words of wisdom (Verve)

paper: soft stone (PTI), be amazing (My Mind’s Eye)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: rounded rectangle die (A Cut Above by Verve), tag, journal tag dies, twine, buttons (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft), seam binding (MemrieMare), stitching

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Moe, my heart and prayers are with you and your coriander. You are a gift to your students. I sincerely hope this gets worked out for the benefit of the children. Your card is beautiful and so heartfelt. I am sure it will be cherished.

Amber Hight said...

I love your card Moe, your friend will love it as well! I am so sorry about the state of your job, I hope the strike is successful!! Love ya Schmoopy!!

Luanne said...

Fabulous card, and I encourage you as you stand by with your co-workers. Praying all goes well! I know your friend will appreciate the encouragement too.

Marisa said...

I just LOVE this sentiment - favorite of the set. She will be thrilled to get this! Bless you for supporting her as she speaks from her heart.

Vickie Z said...

Hope things went well or as well as they could in the circumstances!!! Excellent card/sentiment for your friend!!!

Christina said...

My thoughts are with you and your fellow teachers, Moe! No one deserves more respect and praise than our educators, and I hope that your voices will be heard as you stand up for yourselves and your students.
This card for your friend is so beautiful and full of heart! Love the combo of sentiments.

Kim H. said...

This card is so touching and moving. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and I hope that yesterday's demonstration helps them to hear your voices and actually listen. :)

Aimes said...

Here's a fellow employee of the same profession supporting you from across the pond, Diva! Education is the root of society - it needs to be nurtured not dampened by litigation! Stand up for what you believe in and you've done yourself justice ♥
This card echoes exactly what I feel too in fabulous style of course :)
Hugs!
Duchess
x

kasia c. said...

Hey Maureen, I don't think I ever realized you were from B.C. Apparently I'm not very observant!
Good for you for standing up for what you believe in. You work in such an amazing field, the kids are lucky to have you!

I absolutely LOVE your card. I am always in awe of such beautiful, multi-embellishment cards. You put it all together so beautifully. :) Seriously gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...