Monday, July 16, 2012

Celebrating Your (29th) Birthday

celebratingbirthday

Good morning!  Today’s totally girlie girlie card was inspired by this week’s Shabby Tea Room photo below.  Oh, I just HAD to play.  My new lace trim was the perfect touch along with some pink seam binding and my last scrap of grey wood paper.  I figure this card would be good to give any friend over the age of 30 {wink!}. 

closeup

I am loving the wood plank ceiling and chandelier…

Photo inspiration _122

Now I really wanted to use this frame die, but wanted some kind of flourish on the top and bottom.  The coordinating stamp was perfect except it was too small for the sentiment I just HAD to use (period!).  So I masked off the frame die so the ends of the stamp would not show…that’s washi tape I’m using so it would peel off easily..

IMG_5520

IMG_5521

IMG_5522

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope your week has started out well :)

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti movers and shakers sentiments, pretty peonies

ink: versafine onyx, su going gray, pti autumn rose

paper: pti soft stone, white, kraft, echo park and my mind’s eye dp

accessories: pti dies, circle nestabilites, mft butterfly die, lace trim, seam binding ribbon, pearls, pti buttons, stitching

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a beauty. Pink and gray is a favorite color combo along with pink and green. Takes me back to my preppy days (and a lot of times I'm really don't think I ever left them :)). And...love how you masked the frame. I bought some of the Eclipse masking tape...love it!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the insp. picture. Love the card. Pink and grey are such a fabulous colour combo and the butterflies and touch of lace are great. Wonderful card :)

Kara Lynne said...

Fantastic job with that label, great thinking!! Your card is so beautiful with the elegant essence of the photo.

Melisa Hunter said...

Very pretty! Love the little 29 stamp! Gorgeous shabby chic with the pretty ribbon, lace and pearls. Have a great day! Seems a little cooler today!

Tamika said...

Your creation from the photo inspiration is beautiful!

TannyP said...

OH MY! Gorgeous and a fantastic trick for being able to create beautiful labels :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...