Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sending a Big Thank You

bigthankyoumaureenplut

Good morning!  I’ve long been a fan (and customer!) of Simon Says Stamp ever since finding them on EBay years ago.  I bought many Spellbinders dies from them at great prices PLUS shipping.  They were much cheaper than buying them here in Canada (without shipping!).  So I was thrilled to see them expand their online store and am happy to say I buy most of my paper and embellishments from them now thanks to their great customer service AND shipping costs to Canada :)  I’ve now discovered challenges and awesome prizes of a $50 gift certificate to their store.  This challenge on the Simon Says Stamp and Share blog asks us to make something we are known for.  Well, I couldn’t put all THAT onto one card, so I thought I’d share this card I made for my sister, the Quilter/Nurse.  She made the dh and I a lovely quilted runner for Christmas and I wanted to make her a card with some quilting elements.  I love to add stitching, buttons and bling to my cards and if wood can be worked in there too, I’m a happy girl :)  WOOD IS GOOD! I’m even going to turn this card into a gift by writing on a separate piece of paper inside and attach it with some removable adhesive so she can keep it or give it away to a card-worthy friend :) Thanks for visiting!  What do YOU love to add to cards?

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti a big thank you

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, soft stone, ocean tides, su old olive, basicgrey aspen frost

accessories: pti buttons, twine, damask snowflake dies, studio calico wood frames, mft fishtail die, stitching, gem

12 comments:

Petra Swart said...

WOW, Maureen, what a great card as a thank you for your sister's gift! Your quilting and sewing are so nicely done and I love the die-cuts you've put in the centre of the card. And, yes the little wood embellishment rounds off the card perfectly!! Love your card!! TFS.

Lynn said...

Moe, This is perfect for your sister...I absolute love the stitching and how it is quilt inspired. Hmm...Have to think about what I love to add to cards...grosgrain ribbon, a rounded corner and a touch of twine. Sound right? your layered snowflakes are gorgeous!

Rom-a said...

śliczna karteczka - pięknie skomponowane kolory!

Barb said...

Maureen this is just beautiful! Love that you incorporated quilting into your design and that big snowflake looks amazing against the pretty Aspen Frost paper! :)

Luanne said...

What a fabulous gift for your sister! I think she'll want to frame it, I know I would! A priceless beauty!

Rhonda said...

What a great card. I'm thinking that the wood element of the front would make a great Christmas ornament.

Lisa Kind said...

What a beautiful card! I love those dies (added to my wish list!) and the colors are so soft and fabulous!

Marisa said...

Love the quilted panels and that snowflake is taunting me. It has been on my wish list for some time...hopefully after the LSS garage sale in the summer I can add it to my cart once and for all!! Have a great weekend :)

Helen F. said...

Maureen, your Thank You card is so beautiful, I am sure sister will treasure it.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I love it!! How lucky to have a quilty sister to gift you such lovely things!!

Candy C said...

Your "thank you" card is quite stunning! I love the vintage feel of an old quilt that you've accomplished with your design. Love the stacked die cut in the center. It's so pretty and definitely gives a big WOW factor to your card. The addition of the little thread tied buttons adds such a nice "homespun" touch as does the machine stitching. Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Christina said...

It sounds like the talent for beautiful stitching runs in your family! I love your "quilted" background and layered snowflakes. And the green mat really draws your eye to the stitched detail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...