Saturday, February 9, 2013

CAS Online Card Class ~ Days 7 & 10

thinkingofyoumaureenplut

Greetings friends!  I’m back late this afternoon to show you the fruits of my stamping afternoon labours. LOL  I’ve completed all the daily challenges for the CAS Online Card Class and will share 2 right now and one tomorrow :)  This first card was for the second One Layer challenge.  I tried really hard to keep it “ONE LAYER.”  I was told, though, that adding some bling still keeps it one layer :)  So I added two sweet little heart gems to mark my house and a friend’s house :)  I used a mask to create the center circle where I stamped a city blueprint image with sahara sand ink.  Then I lifted the mask and stamped the sentiment.  Then I debossed a circle frame around my mask for a bit of dimension.  I wanted a whimsical line to my friend’s house, so I took the little heart and dotted line image from Verve’s Stronger Love set, cut the little heart off and stamped the dotted line twice, once right side up and then once upside down. 

yhst-54729554693478_2244_23733355

Two little hearts completed this one layer card :)  I made sure they were tilted a bit for some more visual interest.  Here’s a close up of the debossed circle…

closeupdebossmaureenplut

My next card is for the second day of the 1 stamp, 3 ways challenge.  I loved the card Jennifer made with a cut out window and rays of the sun created with heart stamps and scoring.  I thought Verve’s No Matter Set would be perfect to CASE a similar card.

foreverandalwaysmaureenplut

After die cutting the circle and stamping the heart rays, I scored between the rays with my Scor Pal, just like Jennifer did.

scorelinesmaureenplut

Then on the inside, I curved the “no matter what” sentiment to fit around the circle. 

insidemaureenplut

That’s all, folks!  Come back tomorrow morning for the final project!  Have a fabulous evening :)

signature

what’s in them?

{thinking of you}

stamps: verve stronger love, mft you move me, hero arts roma

ink: versafine onyx, su sahara sand

paper: pti white

accessories: spellbinders circle die, dollar store heart gems

 

{forever and always}

stamps: verve no matter what

ink: versafine onyx, pti raspberry fizz, autumn rose, su pretty in pink

paper: pti white, autumn rose, sweet blush

accessories: spellbinders circle dies, gems, pearl, scor pal

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Well done and very creative on both cards :) Looking forward to seeing tomorrow's card.

Melisa Hunter said...

Wow! You are rocking these challenges! So much fun to visit your blog! Thanks for the inspiration! Now, I just need to sit down and creat! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...