Sunday, September 1, 2013

First Day of School ~ Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge

firstdaymaureenplut

Hey everyone!  I’ve been enjoying my last weekend of my summer vacation getting ready for work.  Hmmm, you may think that is strange, but I’m an organized work gal so getting all my eggs lined up for one of my busiest weeks of the year is a great thing :)  Today’s card was made a while back, long enough ago that saying, let alone thinking, “Back to School” was a  BIG no-no.  However, I wanted to get a head start on my DT challenges so I bit the bullet and actually LOVED making this sweet little apple for the new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Back to School.

sept 1 

I found these Spellbinder Apples at a discount store and just couldn’t wait to use them.  The largest one is PERFECT for making an apple shaped card :)   I chose a red patterned paper (with little hearts) to act as a sweet background for the rest of the card.  Verve’s Teachers Count set and matching Apple dies were just the thing to anchor the “First Day of School” sentiment from My Favourite Things.  This sweet little card will be sitting on one of my colleagues’ desk Tuesday morning with some jelly beans :)   Head over to the Curtain Call Inspiration Blog to see how the whole Design Team was inspired then play along!  Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

signature 

stamps: Verve Teachers Count, MFT An Apple for the Teacher

dies: Verve Apple Dies

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely adorable. I love how you lined up the apples. I thought I was going to read that you opened your Cricut to cut out the apple!!

Dee in N.H. said...

Very cute and some teachers day will be really special when they see it on their desk!

Barb said...

That will no doubt be your colleague's favorite apple. . .ever! It's just adorable, Maureen! Have a great first week of school! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Maureen. Love shaped card and this is perfect. The sweet little apples look great.

Marisa said...

Love the apple shape - thought it was the MFT die when I first saw it. Such a wonderful card with the apples and the notebook paper.

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE this!!! :)

Aimes said...

To make a back to school card so early on when it's the last thing you want to think about and rock it like this proves how awesome you are, Diva! Truly awesome! :)

Kim S said...

I love everything about this...the paper is perfect and I love the cute little apples on the notebook paper!

Stacey Schafer said...

In love with this, Maureen!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your apple shaped card Maureen and all the fun Verve images and sentiments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...