Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Diva Dare and Curtain Call Reminder!

withlovemaureenplut

Hey everyone!  I’m a busy girl today playing Diva Dare hostess AND reminding everyone that there is one more week for the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.  Head over to the Verve Blog for more deets about this card that I had SO MUCH FUN creating for the DH!  Both the Diva Dare and Curtain Call Challenges are asking us to get “Smitten!”  Well, I’ve been smitten over my darling husband for coming up 8 years :)  I was thinking about Photo Booth apps and found a real easy, free one called Pici booth.  Then I thought it would be fun to hold some large “Sweetheart” candies with little sweet sayings on them.  I made these extra large sweethearts, pulled out my red feather boa, and had fun with my new app :)  I couldn’t figure out how to print these out any smaller, so I just cut the strip into two then tucked them into a little vellum pocket. 

goldenheartsmaureenplut

To create my background, I took several Verve hearts from the No Matter What set and embossed them in gold.  Then I took 4 different gelatos and scribbled over the embossed hearts.  Last, I took my aqua pen and did a water wash to blend all the colours.  I got this technique from Dawn McVey HERE!  Head over to the Curtain Call Inspiration blog for all the deets on this week’s challenge!  Thanks for stopping by!

signature

smitten Jan 1

Here’s the original photo strip!

 attachment

what’s in it?

stamps: No Matter What (Verve)

paper: white, textured vellum (PTI)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: library pocket die (PTI), bakers twine (Twinery), felt heart (Martha Stewart), gold doily (craft supply), gold embossing powder (SU), photo booth pictures!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahh...Moe this is so fun! That app is so cool. I'm going to have to give it a try with the boys. I'm sure that Tony is going to love this gorgeous card especially since it features you! xx

Marisa said...

This card just makes me smile. Brilliant idea and I'm sure Tony will love it :) Great use of the gelatos too.

Marisa said...

This card just makes me smile. Brilliant idea and I'm sure Tony will love it :) Great use of the gelatos too.

Stacey Schafer said...

absolutely fabulous project for your hubby, Maureen!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Too, too cute, Moe! And that golden heart doily rocks!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous pocket card Maureen. Love the color washed background with the gold! Those photo booth pictures are awesome!

Aimes said...

Ahhhhhhhh! Oh this is too sweet for words, Diva! Too sweet! Tony is one lucky guy to have such a sweet, beautiful, talented wife!
You are adorable! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...