Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Love Letter ~ Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge

lovelettermaureenplut

Good morning!  Are you in the mood for love?  I sure was making this card for the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, Love Letter! 

love letter challenge jan 15

I love love letters!  Nothing is sweeter than seeing those words of affection in print that you can read over and over again.  This challenge also reminds me of a song that I first heard back in my twenties…Love Letters by Ketty Lester (follow the link to see it on You Tube if the video doesn't show up here!)




 I just love it and was singing it as I made my card :)

Love letters straight from your heart, keep us so near while apart.

I’m not alone in the night, when I can have all the love you write.

I memorize every line and I kiss the name that you sign.

And darling then I read again right from the start,

Love letters straight from your heart.

Oh, does that bring back memories!  No text or email or tweet could ever give me that feeling of reading a love letter, paper and ink, and knowing that the object of your affection actually “touched” the same paper.  Ah, young love!
We have an awesome new sponsor, DeNami Design, who supplied each of the crew gals with a package of love-themed DeNami stamps!


The LEAD of the Love Letter challenge will receive a $20 gift certificate from DeNami Design! Head over to the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge for more details and gorgeous samples from the Design Team!
signature

stamps: Denami Love Flourish, Technique Tuesday

paper: Bobunny Head over Heals

accessories: postmark bakers twine, gems, PTI and Spellbinders dies



14 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful use of stamps, Maureen!

Lynn said...

sitting here listening to the song...love it. And your card..ink and paper and crisp white space...you know I'm in love! xoxo

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Maureen. Love how you stamped the envelopes in a row... the twine is fabulous!

Marisa said...

Loving all that white space and nice touch with the coloured twine.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your design, the sweet envies and the song? So fabulous, thanks for sharing it. I have never heard this.

Sarah Gough said...

Oh I love this Moe, awesome layout!

Lisa Petrella said...

ADORABLE take on the inspiration photo! LOVE the clean crisp design and classic Valentine color combo!

Gayatri said...

Loving the layout of your card and the classic colour combo. Lovely card, Maureen!

Bajalizzy said...

great card - I wish I could sing like that!

Lisa Elton said...

Great design and I like the postal twine!!

~amy~ said...

How super FUN!

Julia Aston said...

Pretty doily die cut and twine!

Greta said...

Fabulous design--love this card!

karen h said...

Awesome card! I love the flap of envelopes and the red/blue twine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...