Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Warmest Wishes ~ Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge

warmestwishesmaureenplut

Happy New Year everyone!  It’s a brand new year AND we’re starting it off right with a fabulous new challenge over on the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge blog.  This time we are gettin’ smitten with gelatos and this fabulous photo inspiration…

smitten Jan 1

We have an awesome new sponsor, Linnie's Blooms, who supplied each of the crew gals with a package of Faber-Castell Gelatos!  These amazing little "chapstick"-like watercolors bring about the most beautiful colors! The LEAD of the Smitten challenge will receive a gift certificate to use at the Linnie's Blooms store!

I used my gelatos exactly like Dawn McVey did in her fabulous post HERE.  As soon as I saw Dawn’s card, I knew I had to make a background like hers.  I switched up the colours, though and added my go to doily and ribbon embellishment.  Here’s a close up of the gold embossed mittens.  I had to dig these babies out…the Nested Mittens and the Winter Mittens stamp set by Gina K stamps…these are about 4 years old, but I love the image!

closeup

Head over to the Curtain Call Inspiration Blog for some more amazing samples by the DesignTeam!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!

signature

stamps: clearly besotted set the scene, gina k winter mittens

ink: gelatos colours tropical, staz on black

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy new year my friend! I love those sweet little gold embossed mittens. Adorable!

Marisa said...

Love the colour combo and those mittens are soooo fun!! I was on a polka dot theme too :) Happy New Year to you and maybe, just maybe I'll see you face to face this year ;) Enjoy the rest of your break!

i'm with the band said...

Holy cow! This is amazing!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Happy New Year Maureen. Love the pretty card. The background is fabulous and the doily looks great. I also like the mittens and the vellum greeting.

Aimes said...

Happy New Year, Diva! Kicking off 2014 in your true signature style I see with that doily, seam binding, button and adorable embellishment! Love it! x

karen h said...

Sweet card! I love the ribbon twine button accent! And the doily is such a perfect touch - those things intimidate me!

Tracey McNeely said...

I am so slow getting around. Your embossed mittens are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...