Saturday, August 23, 2014

Always Remember ~ Mock Mosaics

alwaysremembermaureenplut

Hi!  I’m back with the second challenge Ancient Rome and Mock Mosaics.  I had painted this cardstock yesterday with my new Dina Wakely acrylics (that I LOVE btw) so thought I’d add a heart mosaic to it with embossing paste!  How serendipitous that this heart mosaic stencil just arrived this week!  I used Lizzie’s idea of a mat stack die but added the banner for the sentiment for some extra dimension.  I needed a bit of sparkle so added some bling for a finishing touch :)  I’ll be back in the next couple of days to finish some more of the challenges but the dh and I need some alone time this weekend (wink, wink).  Thanks for stopping by!

signature

p.s. I got to meet the talented and fabulous Lizzie Jones back in 2011 at the first Stamp-a-faire.  She had just had her first stamp set created by PTI as part of the anniversary contest!  Here we are and there is Lizzie second from the left!  Yes, I knew her when…

IMG_3779

Challenge-2

stamps: mat stack 1, happy hearts (PTI)

ink: aquamist (PTI)

dies: double banner, mat stack 1 (PTI)

paper: aquamist (PTI), mixed media white

3 comments:

Lizzie Jones said...

I love that your card has a collage feel to it! And that photo - what a day, huh?! So much fun!

Marisa said...

Fun card :) Well done! Enjoy your w/e with Tony.

Lynn said...

Hope you and Tony are having a fabulous weekend. Love the mosaic and the paint colors pop! And that picture makes my heart happy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...